Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Surrealism

 


Featured image: Bluebird III

The other day, when I talked to an art lover about the inkwork on my smaller pieces, she commented, “These are so surreal.”  I had never thought of my work as surreal, so I started once again to travel down the path of surrealism. It wasn’t hard because I have so many favorite surrealist artists.  The artist Miró was the first I explored because I understand and can read the visual language in his work. It’s tough to know if he is painting a person, tree, or bird, but once you start to look at his work and study Miró, you begin to understand what he is conveying..

I went online and saw this quote: “The laws of reality don’t apply to his work.”  No wonder I relate to him; the laws of reality don’t apply to my work. Miró has his own reality, as do I.

So, I offered a couple of pieces to you all and would love your opinion. This first one is a new one called “Bluebird III.” The other one is an older one that has been accepted into several exhibitions and won prizes. One judge told me the work was surreal.

Wow, talk about listening to the voices speaking to you. So, what do you all think? I went through some of my portfolio because there are two surreal exhibitions I might enter. I found several that fit the bill of surrealism. I will share those with you all later.


No comments:

Post a Comment