Friday, February 16, 2024

I have been absolutely fascinated...

 



I have been absolutely fascinated with the French philosopher Michael Foucault and the Surrealist painter Rene Magrittee.  These two men had a wonderful exchange about a work Magrittee painted called: This is Not A Pipe.

 I frequently return and reread the exchange because it is all about reality and just is reality.  A topic that has fascinated me before the movie “The Matrix” but when The Matrix made visible what philosopher’s have been debating for a long time and still are.

This morning I came across the writer Sol LeWill – I have come across is writing frequently but this little saying he wrote hit the nail on the head for me. 

Obviously a drawing of a person
Is not a real person, but the drawing
Of a line is a real line.

No comments:

Post a Comment