Wednesday, February 21, 2024

“Zephyr Winds” Selected as Finalist


 Featured image: Zephyr Winds

“Zephyr Wind” 16x16 Various watercolors on 300# Arches paper

Christine Alfery’s work “Zephyr Winds”  was selected as a finalist in the International Splash 25: Best of Watercolor, a ArtistNetwork publication. 

Christine’s Statement for Splash 25.

break of day
a zephyr wind
bringing morning light
and early spring breezes.
I feel its gentle caress
I breathe deeply
contently
and say to myself, it is
great to be alive.

Watercolors are such a perfect match for me and who I am because watercolors are spontaneous and lend themselves very nicely to gestural brush strokes and instant gratification, like the prize in a McDonald's “Happy Meal.” 

My artwork is all about the earth, and the stories the earth keeps. Stories about an individual's journey throughout time and the footprints they have left for us to discover and learn from. Stories about their lives, and how they figured things out, and then in turn, how we figure and learn things out and carry them forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment