Tuesday, April 2, 2024

I'm Honored to Receive 2nd Place Award for Ms. Pileated

 



Featured image: Ms Pileated

I am thrilled to announce that my work, Ms. Pileated, has been awarded the 2nd place in the Nature Homage exhibition! Being recognized among such talented artists is truly an honor.

Statement from Juror Tonya Hopson: “This piece blew me away the minute I walked into it; I said to myself, oh my goodness. Pileated means large red-capped woodpecker. When you look at this media piece, you will notice that not all parts of it are exact, especially when you look at it and see all the little things she has done in there. With all her splashes and splatters, she has done a lot in there. But it is just a beautiful media piece. Blew me away.”

The Nature Homage exhibition featured original and unique 2D and 3D artworks that pay tribute to animals and insects. With 396 submissions from 34 states, having 57 works selected for this exhibition makes this achievement even more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment