Coffee in the Garden
Featured image: Coffee With a Little Yellow Bird At The Bird Bath
Coffee in the garden this morning.
Hummers buzzing overhead. One turns its tiny head, looking cautious. Another comes. Their buzz is so distinctive.
The phlox is in full bloom; the colors are so prolific and wonderful. A much-needed shower seems to have just passed by, as everything is wet and glistening, covered with raindrops and rainbows.
Birds chirping in the woods. Chipmunks scampering underfoot. I am not feeding them as much this summer, so there don't seem to be as many of them. The same goes for the red squirrels. I guess I have learned my lesson. As much as I enjoy them, they really are destructive.
The gray squirrels let me know they don't like the change. They climb the screens and eat my red plastic lawn chairs. I wonder what it is in the plastic that they like, or if they are sending me a message. I wonder what I could put on the chairs to stop them, because they really are destroying them. I truly enjoy watching them scamper and play, but not that much.
Anyway, it is a beautiful day. I can't believe it is August 1st already. Where did July go? Where did June go?
Each step you take today, walk in harmony with yourself and the earth. Make your journey on this earth one of connection—to the earth and to all living things.

Comments
Post a Comment