Monday, January 29, 2024

The Search and Moving Forward

 



Featured image: Arizona Landscape


About a year ago, I traveled to the southwest. I found there was something magical there. I wrote this today recalling that trip and its magical aura.

I felt my feet touch the ground. I was peaceful. Taking a breath, I stepped forward, feeling the earth beneath me. Another breath. My body felt the pleasure of touching the earth and slowly moving forward. The connection to the earth was magical. I was grounded, to the air and to the world around me. It was just the earth and me. I took another step, another breath, moved forward again. 

It’s the journey and the search that is so magical. Without the search ….. well, for me, what is left is despair, which is why I love the beginning of the painting, the beginning of creating something, and the search and the pleasure of moving the paint, helping it find its home and its content.

No comments:

Post a Comment